Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wilton Course 1 Class 2

Last night's cake decorating class was much more fun than last week's. It was all hands-on. We worked on stars, writing, zigzag borders, dots and the base for the Wilton rose. Hindsight being 20/20 I plan to make my cake for class earlier in the weekend so I have time to perfect my frosting and make a smoother frosted cake. This one wasn't terrible, but since I finished so late the night before I was not decorating at my peak form. Until next week!

Look at that mess!

Finished product


The cake and I. After class I headed over to my lovely In-Laws house to say hello to Ben's grandmother and drop the cake off. I have no interest in cake or butter cream frosting after working with it for hours Monday and Tuesday night. They all had a slice and seemed to enjoy it!

1 comment: