Monday, June 29, 2009

Red Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting

This would be my favorite cake (to eat) of all time. We celebrated a coworkers promotion Friday with yummy snack foods, and per request of the guest of honor, a red velvet cake. Not thinking, I whipped up the cream cheese frosting I use to make pumpkin rolls, which I later decided is a wee bit too thin to decorate with. Script, OK. Stars, flowers, and other embellishment? Not so much.

The super soft frosting didn't look half bad in the end, but I'm amazed how much heavier the consistency is using class butter creme frosting. Note to self for next time...frost with cream cheese frosting, decorate with butter creme.



2 comments:

  1. Super cute cake!

    I'm drooling over the cream cheese frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got great cake handwriting, Shan!

    ReplyDelete