Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Diaper Wreaths

One of my favorite new projects is the diaper wreath. I've known lots of special ladies who have had babies lately and these have become my favorite gift to give. It's especially fun when I know the theme the family plans on using for the baby's nursery so I can correlate the Diaper Wreath decorations with that theme. Here are a couple examples.




For reference for those who might want to make one of these...

these were made with a medium sized wire wreath base from Hobby Lobby. It also took two small rolls of grosgrain ribbon, but we used 4 rolls, blue and white polka dot, white with blue feet, blue gingham, and blue "It's a boy!".

It took 32 size 1 Huggies diapers on the bottom layer
an 8 pack of baby wash cloths
three bottles
1 teddy bear
2 pack of pacifiers
1 burp cloth embroidered with Baby's name
lots of little baby ornament looking things my Mom randomly had in her closet

Here are a couple pictures of the wreath making process. I discovered if you use a larger wreath frame it not only takes more diapers to fill the frame but also more decor so it doesn't look bare.





Next time I make one of these I'm going to try for something more colorful. I'll post a picture soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment