Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fondant and Gumpaste course two

I've really enjoyed the Wilton Fondant and Gumpaste course. I don't know how often I'll actually cover a cake in fondant, probably just for special occasion cakes. I can see myself using these techniques in combination with a butter creme frosted cake in the future!

Here are pictures of my cake from last night. I covered my cake with pink marbled fondant (which was much easier than I anticipated). I made a drape and a handkerchief over-lay (that I decided not to put on my cake). Then I added cut out flower embellishments to hide some of the imperfections on the fondant.

We also learned how to make a carnation base, and how to make calla lilies (a bonus, since we had all covered our cakes in fondant in advance, giving us extra class time!). Next week we put together the gumpaste carnation and learn how to make a daisy.


No comments:

Post a Comment